Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi;

My wife's Quantum Blue Runner BR1-50 reel started eating line. First place I looked was the roller on the bail. Sure enough it had seized at some point and the line wore through it. Looking online Quantum only supports it's product line from the last few years. The rest of the reel is in pretty good shape so I hate to chunk it, but if I can't get parts I don't have much choice.

I don't have my undies in a bunch over this as it is an older reel and I don't expect manufacturers to maintain parts stockpile for everything they have ever made. Figured one of you might know a tackle shop that might be able to help before the reel goes into the trash.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Look at some of the other model those parts may be interchangeable. You can look at some of the Schematics to see if the numbers are the same as your model.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Always a good excuse to upgrade to a new reel!
I already bought her a Battle II 5000 and an Ugly Stik for Christmas which she has to use now, just nice to get this one back in the inventory as a backup or guest rig. She catches the Reds and Sheepshead while I'm trout fishing.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts