Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am so sorry about the delay on the upgrade. The software I was installing has been a nightmare. While I got everything to install properly, I couldn't get the old threads to import. While the problem is hashed out with the company I bought the software from, use the old board.

Sorry about the pain in the ass. I promise you I'll never take the site down this long again.

And by the way, I FREAKING HATE COMPUTERS!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know nothing about computers but I know that this is a great site for those of us who truely love to fish and share the experience with like minded folks. Thank you for all your efforts and believe me, your efforts to upgrade are appreciated. I couldn't begin to even try such a thing. Thanks again Granpa

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was genuinely trying to make things better but in the process pretty much caused a trainwreck.

I appreciate everyone's patience :eek:

I hope to get things up and running eventually...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sandflea, You have already outdone yourself with this site, I think all of us can say you don't have to explain anything to us for how long the upgrades take, I say hats off to you brother for such a good fishing web. :D [/LIST]

·
Registered
210 Posts
Don't ever feel the need to apologize or explain why things aren't perfect. really glad that we are up and running again and really appreciate the time and effort to make this a truly great service. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this forum. If it goes down again it goes down. We all know that you are trying hard to make things better.

Catman.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I was going through withdrawls!!!!!!Great job sf!And by the way,the 525mag is awseome casting sinkers.I wore myself out on Monday,casting away @ Chixs. :D ;) :D

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Sandflea I work at a helpdesk so I know what you when through everytime they do a upgrade to improve performance it takes a week to work the bugs out so I want to thank you for doing a thankless job.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
top o th morning flea i checked out th photo gal; still not functional ? great site anyhow ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
SandFlea,

Your good intentions and management of the best saltwater fishing site on the the web is without peer! Thanks again for all you do! No apologies neded. :cool:

macman

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Flea,

Do what you have to do. Everyone on the board understands that stuff happens. ;)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
No apologies for me mate, heck it might of made some of the "board fishers" actually go wet a line.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey flea, no need to apologize I'ved messed with code and software for a longtime, chit happens. I'm just worried about Husky. Hope he didn't hang himself from the DT's....Tightlines

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
AMEN. Great site. Worth waiting for. HAT80, got a nice 30" rock in NY on herring.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
No problem SF. This isn't a mission critical application - so a little downtime isn't bad. I was, however, experiencing seperation anxiety there for a minute.
I once deployed a code fix that caused thousands of dollars to the customer. Man, were they PO'd at me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts