Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I'll (hopefully) be moving to VA Beach very soon. I love to surf fish and have done it most my life. I usually go to OBX or fish the DE shores. I'm not very familiar with the VA coastline. Do I have a lot to look forward to when (re: fishing) I'm living in VA Beach? Depending on the time of year, is there good fishing right off the beach there? Looking forward to the move. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the board and hopefully to Va. Beach. The fishing is pretty good whether you are on a pier or in the surf. Get hooked up with some on the folks that fish down there all the time. I live in Charlottesville and only get to the area about once a month. I love it when I can fish. Good luck and welcome :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome to the board Stripsurf.

Fishermen in this area are blessed to be in one of the hottest saltwater fishing areas in the country. Look around when you get here, check for fishing reports here, and find out what everyone is fishing for, and what they are using for tackle. Then just do as they do to begin with, and eventually you too will be catching fish.

Laters!

Lou

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
naw, the're ain't many fish here. It's terrible, don't come! ;)

I'm sure you'll eek something out in our bleak environment, just follow Heaver's instuctions :D

·
Registered
862 Posts
Here is my personal suggestion.

Find Lesner Bridge on a map. It is where Shore Drive (AKA RT 60) crosses the Lynhaven Inlet. Put a pin in the map and start drawing circles around it. First look for a place to live in the smallest circle, then go to the next and the next until you find a place to live.

Lynhaven is a good place to start for shore fishing. It is not to far from chics beach (CBBT) and it is not a rediculous (sp) drive to sandbridge. They have lights near the bridge and parking at either end of the bridge.

Oh and Chic's beach is a really cool place to live if you are single. I don't know about kids . . . .

My theory is that one should try to live someplace that you would go if you were on vacation. Me, there is a free public landing four doors from my house. In the summer I can catch croaker at high tides in the evening. One Oct. I even caught a 23 inch speckled trout casting a mister wiffle.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts