Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I would like to say I have enjoyed reading all of the wealth of information on this site. Reading all the information has given me fishing fever and being stuck in Italy is not the right answer for a cure. I have a lot of ideas in my mind, but can not try them until I finally move to VA Beach. So, why not share to see if they actually work for the salt water variety of stripers.

Back home in SC when I used to fish lake Hartwell while in collge. We used to do well catching larger stripers on Buzz baits at night. We had a special thing we used to do to the buzz baits though and this was the key. It out performed any popper or top water plug when we had them dialed in. We would take a buzz bait and break it in by driving with it outside of the window for a couple of days until it started to make a loud squeaking sound. This is the key. The louder the better. We found that the louder the squeak the bigger the fish or the strike most of the time. I know that the blades will rust in the salt water, but it will be worth it if you snag some thing large. There is just some thing about that loud squeak that drives them crazy or more like mad. LOL. All I ask is if some one tries it please let me know how it works. This tatic has only been used at night. I can not vouch for it during the day.

50 days left until I am back in the states and then it is on!!:D

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Funny you should mention using buzz baits... I was thinking of doing that but never have! I love spinnerbaits for puppy drum... they work great. Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
SC_Fisherman said:
We would take a buzz bait and break it in by driving with it outside of the window for a couple of days until it started to make a loud squeaking sound.

Would anyone use a buzz bait without doing this??? ;)

Not me, zip tie to the outside mirrors (holding it gets loud and boring) before a tourney. Another trick is to drill a hole in each blade....know these tricks work on LM, probably work for their larger cousins :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts