Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't be too sad - there is a lot of room left to fish on the pier and also plans are being made to rebuild what was lost.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fixing Lynnhaven

Sure looks fixable -- I could half of that
myself. But the picture may not tell all of the
story. :-/ Really should walk out there and
inspect it -- or get some close ups of the
pilings under the damaged portions :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The last thing i heard I head from the owners is that they are going to fix an additional 100ft very very soon (maybe next week I think she said). Also they plan to rebuild to the original length with a diamond shaped end.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Do you happen to have any pics of the recently done repairs to the pier? Has it been fixed up to the original point of the last shelter?

Thanks GraphixDude

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I dont have any pics right this second of the new section, but will take one tomorrow and post it for you to see.

if you look at the other pics I posted where the barrier was, they just took that barrier down, fixed another 100 ft and renailed the barrier up again. The new barrier is about 100 ft from the second shelter (where as before the barrier was just behind the second shelter).

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
thanks!

A day shot will be much better. I don't see too well in the dark.:rolleyes: 100 feet repaired seems like a lot of distance to me. But being only around 5 feet myself, that works out to only 20 of me. So the work continues. Lynnhaven faired well compared to the other piers in the area. With that said, it'll probably be standing room only on the pier next season. Cha ching$$.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The pier isn't missing much it doesnt seem. Plenty of room still.
I think now probably less than 300 feet is missing.

The thing I kind of like now is that the end is dark - no lights there - and the stars look like you can touch them sometimes from out there.

I got word from the owner that the prices on the pier for daily admission and for season passes will be increasing as well.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I sure hope

the price of bait there doesn't increase too. But it seems we'll have to accept any changes. Maybe after some depreciation of those new boards, the price will go back down some.:rolleyes:

About that 300 feet not being that much.......well when tired and heading off the pier with a lot of gear and a lot of fish;) , that extra 300 seems like a mile. And don't forget about the restroom breaks, speaking of the standard ones not the designated ones. That's one long walk with all that water surrounding you.

It'll be good to have the pier back to her old way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts