Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Up Fishing Massives,

Went to Solomons Navy Rec last night from 11:30pm to 4am, was using bloodworms and soft shell crabs. A couple of bites, but no catch, I saw one guy leave with 4 perch. On the other hand, crabbing was excellent. Caught 24 crabs while fishing poles in water. I did see a rockfish swim up to the pier, looked like it 3 ft long, but it dipped by the time i drop my line near it. WHAT HAPPEN TO ALL THE FISH? I even used my wireless fishfinder and didn't see much in the water except under the piers.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I thought you weren't allowed to crab after dark in Md? Although I could be wrong, those regulations can be tough to follow.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I believe that you can crab with a dipnet from shore with no time restriction. I believe that the law that you are referring for crabbing on the bay from a boat. I could be wrong, but have never had any problems from the DNR for crabs after dark.
-Anthony

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are right! U can crab at night with a dip net. I've never even seen DNR at the navy base.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Don't get it wrong! I have seen the DNR people come to that pier a few times. They check and they also check the crabbers too. When I have seen them they never said anything to the people crabbing at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts