Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to hit the Nave Rec around 2pm Friday. The weather was cold and windy. Also got a speeding ticket on the way down there, but got it reduced to 65mph in a 55 (Dfishmon, you ever notice that there are a lot of speed traps on route 4/2 south)?

Bad luck turned into good luck. I was the only one on the pier and the rocks and perch were continuously biting. All dinks of course, between 11-13". Right when the sun disappeared, the feeding frenzy started. I must have caught about 40 stripers, a little bit bigger but still too small (13-16"). Finally, I hooked on two larger ones. One was 17 1/2" and the other was 20". And then it slowed down and they all stopped biting on my lures. You can see the smaller ones still jumping around though. Is it me, or does anyone ever notice that right when the biggest one hits is a signal for the end of the feeding?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Big Up Tdoan21,

I used a radar detector when ever I’m traveling down to Solomon’s. It’s Legal in MD so I take full advantage of that privilege. I usually can pick up radar before they clock me. Radio Shack has them for about $30.00.
I went to the Pier and Surf Clean up, on Sat, at Point lookout until about 6:00pm. No bites what so ever. But, on the way Back I stopped by Solomon’s and just like you caught about 40 stripers, but all were too small except one that was 19 inches. She will be dinner tonight. :) The weather was very calm, the water was like glass and it wasn’t cold at all.

Peace,

Big D

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
DFishMon

Nice fish! It was very nice meeting you at the PLO clean up. I'm the guy with the Skins skull cap who was fishing next to you. What were the stripers at Solomons biting on? If I knew striper were biting at solomons, i would have stopped by.

TDoan21! nice report... we got skunked at the PLO clean up... with this rate, i think i will just hang up my gears until spring.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it looks like I'm going to pack it up for the winter too. Maybe one last trip on Thanksgiving.

Crawfish, you're not going to try to fish down in Va anymore?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
TDoan!

I will try this coming weekend at the VA beach gathering! If nothing turns out, then i would have hang up. Can't wait for the spring. Long winter is ahead.... maybe i should pick up hunting....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts