Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people I took a shot at it again, yesterday, hoping to catch a good stripper for thanksgiving. I showed up at 5:45 am with eels bloodworms and a few of my favorite stripper lures. I fished one eel on a fish finder rig, one under a bobber and one a top and bottom for bait because not had it fresh. As soon as I got my first set of bait the eel on the fish finder got slammed and I mean slammed. Two seconds into my fight I realized my drag was way too tight. This fish, I will call a killer class stripper, would not be an oz. of liegh way to ajust my drag and in about 12 seconds, nothing so I brought my rig to see the damage. The whole rig was in tact except for my 6/0 gammi, which looked mangled beyound belief. I asked my self could this be happening? After taking a breather I rerigged, this time with a 8/0 4x gammi.
With my rig repaired I Launced another eel out and waited and waited and waited some more. It was about 12:00 and the silence put me to sleep. I woke up about 2:00 and nothing. Checking my rigs and noticed the eels were unmolested and still very much alive I launched again and waited. 5:30 pm was coming around and the sun was setting and for a moment I lost myself in it. My strike bell went crazy on my bait rod and summoned me back to the task at hand pulled it in and had a pair of 12" white perch. So I maid lemonade and ended the day with no strippers and 11 9-12" white perch, destination the frying pan. it was a good day fishing but would have been nice to have some company. I'll be spending the rest of the fall hunting that strpper. Tight lines:beer:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have no doubt that you will get yours before end of season if you keep up with your dedication. Thanks for the report.

I got skunked at KN this morning. TOOO MUCH wind!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your vote of confidence. Me and a buddy of mine want to fish a little further south do you know of any good spots to try off any osv beach or piers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts