Pier and Surf Forum banner

Solomon Island

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  littlefry 
#1 ·
Went down to Solomons Island Sunday afternoon. Caught a hourseshoe crab.
Did anyone go to Solomons this weekend? If so, how did you do?

Also, if you like charter boats, the Tom Hooker at North Beach is goding out on weekends now.

#4 ·
So is his wife on the lady Hooker. LittleFry, Tom Hooker is not a charter boat, it's a head boat. A head boat takes out groups of people 20-50. A charter boat you get by the day or 1/2 day and the Captn's will work thier @ss off for you.

Clyde Blake's Boating & Fishing

#5 ·
I made a vow to never ever ever waste my time
and money on the Tom Hooker again! They only care about money. They will pack that boat like a sardine and they will not move to try to find fish. One time we actually got on fish and they moved! The extra time to drive down to the Olympia is well worth the time.

#16 ·
littlefry, it is probably a little early to
spend your money on a headboat right now. Unless you just want to get out on the water. In June and July the fishing should really turn on (I highly recommend the night trips). As soon as the sun goes down the action gets red hot. For right now you would probably do better at a pier and save yourself a ton of money. Keep reading pier and surf and you will know when to go out and which headboat to go out on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.