Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to Solomons Island Sunday afternoon. Caught a hourseshoe crab.
Did anyone go to Solomons this weekend? If so, how did you do?

Also, if you like charter boats, the Tom Hooker at North Beach is goding out on weekends now.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
So is his wife on the lady Hooker. LittleFry, Tom Hooker is not a charter boat, it's a head boat. A head boat takes out groups of people 20-50. A charter boat you get by the day or 1/2 day and the Captn's will work thier @ss off for you.

Clyde Blake's Boating & Fishing

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I made a vow to never ever ever waste my time
and money on the Tom Hooker again! They only care about money. They will pack that boat like a sardine and they will not move to try to find fish. One time we actually got on fish and they moved! The extra time to drive down to the Olympia is well worth the time.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
similar experiences here with the hooker.
Darned hooker just laid there. For the money I paid the hooker could have at least moved around a little. :p

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
They are suggesting the Olympia.
Littlefry, the best headboats are out of Deale, MD and also down by Point Lookout. There should be some info on the headboats on here somewhere. Give me a sec...

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Olympus going out of Ridge, MD.

Went on the night trip and between 4 friends, we had over 100 croakers.

Very helpful mates and captain.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Littlefry,

See you work in DC. Do you have a military base decal? If so, the Navy has a recreation center in Solomons.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
You don't have to be in the military to get a base pass. Civil service guys can get one too if they work on the base.

Guess you're not going there then unless you get invited. :(

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
littlefry, it is probably a little early to
spend your money on a headboat right now. Unless you just want to get out on the water. In June and July the fishing should really turn on (I highly recommend the night trips). As soon as the sun goes down the action gets red hot. For right now you would probably do better at a pier and save yourself a ton of money. Keep reading pier and surf and you will know when to go out and which headboat to go out on.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I fished the pier under the bridge yesterday(5/9) and no one out there caught fish. I used squid, bloodworms, peeler crab, spoons and jigs. No luck. :confused:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I fished on the pier under the bridge agian last night(5/10), got out there about 10:00pm. The croakers were there but they came slow. I also saw eels and horseshoe crabs caught.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JIGMAKER,

I was also there Friday (5/9) night, on the beach area. Caught a few croakers, but it was slow. It was a beautiful night and the water was very calm. I understand some people did very well on the pier. But of course that pier was too crowded.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts