Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be an avid fresh water fisherman with a small bass boat. Then I got "hooked" (pun intended) on salt water fishing. Trouble was, my little bassin' boat was way too small for salt water. SO . . . I got my start in salt water fishing going to piers and shore spots. Mainly CBBT Seagull Pier (3 years almost qualifies me as a master baiter, at least - LOL).

Finally got me a small boat for salt water, but still do the shore (under Lesner Bridge, Lynnhaven) and Seagull Pier when the weather doesn't look so bright.

I've read a lot of posts re: boat vs. shore fishing. I don't intend to open a can of worms here, just offer an alternative for SOME of you . . .I know there are hard-core shore fishing enthusiasts, just like there are some hard-core boaters. Let me offer this view.

Didja ever notice . . . some of the boats going in/out of the new Virginia Beach landing at Crab Creek only have 1 person or maybe 2 when there's room for 3 or 4 or more? Believe me when I tell you that it isn't because they want it that way. I spend a lot of time on other boards (boater types) and we all seem to have a similar problem - finding fishing partners.

There are times I shore/pier fish when I would have otherwise been on the water in my boat - only I didn't want to go by myself.

OK. So maybe for some of you shore/pier fishing is the ONLY way. For you, enjoy. It is peaceful and relaxing (unless you are catching - lol). I use it as an alternative to boating when the weather ain't too great!

For the rest of you - there are a whole LOT of boaters that would be willing to take on new fishing partners. We just don't have a way to advertise and get to meet up with the non-boat-owners who would like to go. So, here's YOUR chance.

Check out the "Fishing Buddy Resume/Interview" link on my home page. If the response is great, I'll pass some shouts out to the boating world and try to get some hookups. Not to permanently turn you into a boating fisherman - just to give you an alternate fishing opportunity.

It's your cast.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I can even handle number 4.
Though scheduling is my biggest problem, So these attemps normally end up a washout. But I understand the delemia you present. And for many you are providing a great option. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
HawgHvnVa said:
For the rest of you - there are a whole LOT of boaters that would be willing to take on new fishing partners. We just don't have a way to advertise and get to meet up with the non-boat-owners who would like to go. .
This is so true. For years I've fished from shore, jetties, piers, and bridges and always wishing I was on the water. Next Sunday I take possession of my first real bay boat, a 25 1/2' Pro Line Walkaround. I don't intend to fish by myself everytime and it can easily fish 4 people with room to spare. I also belong to the Tidal Fish forum which is for boaters who fish the Chesapeake Bay. Many of the boaters will simply ask if anyone want to go out on a certain day and problem solved.

My boat will be docked an Annapolis and any P&S guy or gal is welcome to fish with me anytime. I looking forward to sharing my good fortune.

Catman.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
No any one in Florida HawgHvnVa:D
Catman If I ever come that way I will be calling you.
Thanks for the offer.:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Please add me on to your list of people who would like to be a fishing partner for a boater who wants someone to go with them.
Muchas gracias !!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Catman, I live in Glen Burnie area and love to fish from shore or boat anytime you are going out and want/need a fishing buddy give me a shout and I would be happy to go...even help with the cost of the fuel8(---)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts