Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As eloquently quoted by sandflea,"
As I have to say my favorite fishing moments come in the fall and winter when I luck into a striper blitz. Those days can easily produce 40 or 50 fish in the 20-30" range. I live for those moments. "

When you happen to find yourself in the middle of a blitz,what would be your options?

1)Get your cell phone and call your buds.

2)Keep fishing.

3)Take pics of all the fish landed,for proof.

4)Come back later/the next day and fish the same spot.

Or do you just reminence in the pleasure of being at the right place at the right time,with no else around.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I’d have to say “Call my buds!”. They sure have called me enough times, I owe’em.:D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Ya' know that very thing happened

A bunch of years ago in December, I was standing on the Kitty Hawk Pier all by my self at 5:30 am. The pier was closed but they left the gate on the side open, so there I was. First cast 3lb. Speck, second cast Lost one on the way up, third cast 4lb. Speck. Now, I had 2 buddies sleeping back at my place, Oh my what to do. Should I be a good guy and go get'em or keep fishing, after all this was a bite of a lifetime. Guilt got me so I went back, woke them up and we returned. At the end of the Blitz the count was 36 Specks for the three of us in two hours. What a morning.

And yes they did thank me.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
You would have to all your buddies it's more fun catching with friends than alone.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But,doesn't it feel fulfilling when you reap the fruits of all your hard work;scoping the area out,finding the right tide,picking the best bar or slough to fish at,having the perfect conditions.

I too would tell my friends,but might be hestitant to let just anyone know.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Tell my buddies they better hurry the heck up and quickly get back to fishing.:)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Me, it would take too long to get off the beach, reach my friends and get back onto the beach to continue fishing, and well with no cell phone, I'd have to just keep fishing, and not let anybody but my closest non-fishing friends know about it. What am I talking about, it will never happen anyway.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
597 Posts
If your "friends" really liked to fish they would already be at the beach fishing with you so no need to call anyone.:D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Good Point!!:D

·
Registered
291 Posts
eh will since i dont live down there call your buddies is out of the question unless they plan on a 4 hour trip down. I would probably call my grandparents (both fish) and if my family wasnt down tehre id get them to (all fish also).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts