Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice pic of puppy drum and flounder.Too bad Corona's give me gas.

Is it just me or the Puppy Drum bite is not as good as last years?Saw some nice ones @ Rudee,during the strong weak fish bite,but never hooked up.

I fished for them recently on Saturday morning,with sand fleas,small plastic tails and the ever dependable squid strips-Nada,but large horse heads,blow toads and them small pesky black sea bass.

Would like to know what that puppy in the pic hit.Need to get my puppy drum fix........

·
Registered
290 Posts
Heard of a good bite in the Lynn. river around the marsh islands and oyster beds. Live and cut baits are the ticket.

I’m not familiar to the HOT SPOTS there, but structure seems to be the key. A bar or oyster bed next to deep water might be the place to start. Ya need a boat though.

They are still getting some big reds in the bay.

FISH ON

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Didn't they show up stronger in numbers towards the end of the summer (Aug-Sept)? I knew I should have kept a fishing log last year.
Structure and drop-offs are the key. Remember that puppy drum hole that produced last year next to LI pier? That was a slight drop-off but still held alot of fish. (Don't try to fish that spot this year because that hole and other holes were displaced by the beach replenishment.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts