Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snook : Closed season in all state waters of the Atlantic Ocean north and east of the Dade-Monroe County Line, except in waters of Everglades National Park, during the months of June, July and August. Not less than 26 in.or more than 34 in.

Guides are not allowed to keep a bag limit while on a paying charter. Closed season Dec-15 thru Jan 31 and June, July, Aug.

$2.00 snook stamp required
Daily Limit 2
Snook
Closed season in all state waters of the Atlantic Ocean south and west of the Dade-Monroe County Line, in all state waters of the Gulf of Mexico, and in waters of Everglades National Park, during the months of May, June, July, and August.

Not less than 26 in.or more than 34 in. Guides are not allowed to keep a bag limit while on a paying charter. Closed season Dec-15 thru Jan 31 and June, July, Aug.
Daily Limit 1
$2.00 snook stamp required

Gear up

T<---->Lines

Kozlow

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Hey KOZ,

How many snook have you landed ? Biggest ?? Peferred technique/catch method ??? Tastes like ???? Based on all the great things `bout Snook I heard I was hard after'em.

Wild Bill & I saw 2 or 3 caught on live shrimp off Bokeelia pier over Thanksgiving - always a bridesmaid never a bride :(

Also hear they'll eat a yozuri ?!

Hey Jighead, What is West/Gulf Coast FLA regs on Snook ? Was open over Thanksigiving for Snook >28" and was a 1 or 2 bag limit ?? And hey did we need a Snook stamp there also to keep one :confused:

Dress warm & go fish,

`bucket

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bucket,

If I understand right, its 26" - 34" in natural state(no messing with tails or anything).

Needed Snook stamp to keep or posses(like your hinting too me)...limit two per person per day.

Season closed Dec.15-Jan.31 and May,June,July & August(Gulf Coast adds extra month of May).

Found new spot but haven't been able to try it do to weather. On scouting trip,no one was catching do to weather. Will update when(if)I actualy catch something. :D

Tight lines,

Jighead

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Bucket
I have caught 4.5 so far down here.
2 on gold spoons in the surf near Sabastian
Inlet they were 29 and 32. 1 in Flamingo on a trip with a freind using Grasshopper Jigs.
That one was 27 inches but had to let him go, out of season in the park at that time of
the year. :( And the last one in the Indian River Jiging live shrimp wading in the river and casting near docks along the rivers edge. He was 26.
Penn 704z 20# test
The 1st time I tasted a snook it was great
it almost tasted like cod to me very lite flaky texture,never tasted a better fish.
And I guess I can tell you about the one I
caught in my cast net off the Melbourne
Beach Pier at 3 AM. One hot Summers night
looking for bait for in the AM.
Low and behold, thought I hit a very large school of bait fish when my cast net started
pulling me over the rail at the pier. He was 28 inches I happen to like that method best
of all.
:D :D

T<---->Lines
Kozlow
FYI/ never cook a snook with the skin on.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jighead
Do you know where the ranger station walk over is. Looking for your BRO ( Bucket) he knows Check
NC Board.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was only out there a couple of times...only once fishing. Bucket will probably check the board later tonight(11:00-1:00am). Not sure if he actually ever sleeps(has young'ns)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought you might have known. And saw you were on so I thought I would ask you. Thank god I'm done with the youngn's .

Kozlow Even though my girlfriend is standing reading this and saying "oh really?!?!?!".

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
kozlow now you know it is illegal to keep any game fish when you use a cast net :p just getting you back for the towel joke. :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
damn kozlow guess you didn't think it was funny. you could of wrote me back :(

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FL Fisherman
It was some what humorous, but I just thought
the towel joke was better. :)
T<----->Lines
Kozlow

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
ok i will give you that one but at least i am trying. which means i still got one more until we are even :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts