Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I know a guy who pick up a 4 1/2 lbs on a crappie jig in duck pond ....I talk to this other guy who told me he caught 10 small s/n between Nov -Jan of this yr again Duck pond

I also heard of some caught in the creek behind Flechter's boat house....if you looking for some monster s/n there in swann creek .....I saw a monster last summer while fishing in swann creek she was sitting just under the surface I told my buddy to take the shot he got off 2 cast before she went down ...We troll along the bank and spotted another one chilling under some overhang she was much small another buddy toke a shot at her she went down too

To answer your question I'll try Duck pond and /or Swann creek for those Snake head

·
Registered
381 Posts
Where swan creek or Duck pond? Never caught a snake head myself!
The official name of Duck Pond is Roaches Run Waterfowl Sanctuary. It's off the southbound lanes of the GW Parkway across from Gravelly Point and the airport. It's a tidal lagoon connected to the river and one of my favorite fishin' spots. I figured it was only a matter of time before snakeheads showed up there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Normally, sh does not like stationary bait. They are too aggressive and territorial that they will hit any decent size of lure that drops close to their home. In Asia, sh fishing is the best when females just had babies. They will hit almost any lure. But I heard they have changed some original habits to adapt Potomac. In Asia, females nested in dens to spawn. here scientists monitoring them could not find any den yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.