Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinkin' of putting some smooooothies in my 5600 and 6600. Does anyone know where I can get them around the Hampton Roads area besides ordering online? I also need a spool bearing for my 6600 since it decided to seize up. I PB Blastered it and it spins now, but it now has a "sound" when I spin it as opposed to the quiet bearing on from the other side of the spool.

·
Registered
270 Posts
You might try Princess Anne Dist. A place called Queens Creek also has them and they are kinda local. Lighthouse might be able to get them. I know that you can get them from Hatteras Outfiters and it's also a good excuse to drive down to OBX.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hatteras Outfitters is based outa Richmond, Va.

Smoothies are great cuz Abu drags suck. All my Abu reels have smoothes in em now, no worries of em gummin up and then you hear that...

zzzipzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzipzipzipzipzzzzzip... instead of a nice easy zzzzzzzzzzzzzp.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you have no luck locating those items around here, email me and i can get you the things you need. a local friend has a handful of repair and aftermarket parts strictly for abu garcia reels. he doesnt actually sell these things, but im sure he will hook you up for the same prices you find online.
or you can just go to hatterasoutfitters online.

[email protected]

peace.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hatteras Outfitters in Richmond huh? And I used to live in Richmond on the weekends and never knew that..
Do they have a store or just ecommerce? And if they have a store i know a good spot for catfish and sometimes striper. There is also a good tackle store a little north of Richmond, Green Top sporting goods, noce selection and good prices. Could call them.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey Fred! Been quiet lately ;)

Yep check out HO online, Tres is a first class guy with first class fishin tackle. Great place to shop!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts