Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking with some of my team members about the whole challenge a few of us would like to make an ammendment to the challenge. I am suggesting we move the challenge to SPSP for many reasons: It is closer for 99% of us. No need to drive that far down and get skunked. It is the same type of enviroment as PLO(beach fishing). For the limited hours that we will be fishing I think this is a smarter area to fish. I know the dream team is going to come on here and chastise me for recommending this saying we will get our butts kicked down at PLO but all my members agree we can do it at PLO but with all the crappy reports, distance for most to drive, and the limited hours we are fishing it is a much more sensible choice.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I'm glad that at least one of you realize that PLO is to far to get skunked and that SPSP would of been the right place to compete,more room to spread out and someone might even bring in the other SOCK. Great suggestion Jason and crew, go for it and sence your going to be close I might just show up. TRIGGER:jawdrop:

·
Registered
797 Posts
i am nothing, if not reasonable ....

flman. over my dead body, it will be a cold day in [email protected]@ before i agree to change the venue. you guys are already talkin about getting skunked. victory my firends always come with a price. why not just concede victory and send the collective entrance fees to P&S and the trophy to me.
:cool:

did w. churchill backdown during the blitz kreig? did the south back down after sherman burned down atlanta? did hillary dump bill after monica! no!

i will disucss this with the dream team and get back you by 12 noon today 11/19 est.

sir backcaster ;)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I agree with Jason. We should move this event to SPSP since the reports have been a little better and it is a lot closer for most of us. I've wanted to fish Sandy Point but haven't been able to find the time.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Ralph

Appreciate it. Let them know that we are all reasonable and I would want all of us to get into some fish. A lot of your guys and a few of ours are coming from b-more and surrounding areas. Just more sensible that is all. Talking about skunked! Last Sat at the PLO cleanup we had 3 times as many people with 3 times as many rods in the water and all that came out was two fish in a 8 hour time frame!:eek: See what I mean.:rolleyes: Lets pick a spot where we are all going to get into some fish and see who gets the most, hence the challenge.:D Later

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Why don't all the participants involved simply take a vote on this thread? Majority rules.

I wish you guys could have held this thing in the Atlantic. The bay has been miserable this year.

·
Registered
797 Posts
extension...

Flman, I am requesting an extension until 3 p.m. today 11/19. Frankly, I am getting a lot more push back than I expected.

Just you know one of the objections is SP is a known venue. And this will create a race to the "point". Whereas not many of us, myself included, have ever fished PLO. Along the same lines, its been also suggested the SP is too small and that anglers will be too close to one another. And again PLO is supposedly wide open.

Let me know if you want Roy or S. Backcaster to comment on this topic.

;)
ralph

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Extension granted.;) There is actually two points there that hold fish and I think that we could get all 10 people around em with us only using two poles a piece. It has been a while since I have fished there. Let me know.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Ralph makes a good point there.

What about flipping a coin for slots wherever you guys go, then rotating them halfway through to make sure no one wins because they got a lucky spot?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Can someone check the tides?

Since we're gonna fish the high tide can someone check the tide for SP.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Or we can just not fish the point at all. There is plenty of beach access to the right of the point that people catch fish on. The point is special because the channel is closer there but there is a channel in front of the beach to the right but it is a little farther out that is all. I would just rather have this thing closer to home due to all the circumstances that have come up.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Don't forget the jetties...

Lots of legal stripers there for those willing to toss lures...

..and the secret jetty lure is....

·
Registered
797 Posts
mediator...

Flman & Anthony, I can't promise, but I would recommend "Sand Fleas" suggestion. It is a good one. Let me know if that is something the Warriors could live with.

Ralph

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We can put names in a hat and mark off areas on the beach to fish in. I know at least 4 people can fit on the point that everyone is referring about. (2 for dream team, 2 for warrior team) then everyone else go to the right and left of the points. What ya think?

·
Registered
681 Posts
This is becoming complicated. Why don't we just fish to the right of the bathroom.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There you go! That is what I was recommended before and I am definitely down for that. We can EASILY get all 10 of us in that area.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Postpone

Why don't we just postpone it until the fish come in.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
another possibility, we would all have to come to an agreement on it because most likely the fishing in the bay is done for the year.:(

·
Registered
681 Posts
We all want to catch fish. If the winning team catches two fish, and the losers catch one or none. Did the losing team really get smacked down? Three fish between 10 people is a bust to me.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
AI is still a possibility. There have been reports of decent fish and it's getting better. The bay is pretty much done for the year, unless something drastic happens. The temperature low for the week is in the high 40's, that ain't gonna help the bay.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts