Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again the conditions (as usual) were perfect, it at least looked real fishy out there this morning. Not much bait in the water but a nice moving current and light breeze. Fished with one other wishful-thinker from 0500-0630 and nada. I did get one little bump on the line just as I was about to leave (which of course made me throw for another 5 min.) but no knock-downs and certainly no hook-ups. Where the heck are all the fish??!! It sure is a lot slower this year (so far) than it has been in the last few seasons. Oh well, just paying the dues I guess, maybe next time. Anyone else out there doing any better?? If so when & where??!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Fished Chix last night from 6-9:30. The lights were out on the bayside bridge, so the fish moved inbetween. First cast, fish on. Schoolies were out by the first light and between the west bridge pilings thrashing the bait on top. Ended up catching 5, releasing 4, with the keeper 19" and big shoulders. Also donated 4 pieces of metal to the bridge, so it's time to stock up again.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping that you or one of the other regulars from Chix would post. Sounds like a good night, no Bubbas but some "pullage" just the same. You have any company there last night? Do you fish there any in the a/m or just at night? Thanks and keep the posts coming, good or bad, it's been a weird & slow year so far and all the info helps.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply,your schedule sounds familar, like mine it seems to favor the weekdays which = less people which = less stress. Keep me posted and if your spot heats up I may have to abandon mine and come join you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts