Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
just purchased a slosh 20/ its a little slow me and I want to put some rocket fuel in the barings, but I dont know how to get to them its diffrent from my other reels , can anybody email me and talk me through it?? tks Tony q. dcfishman
:)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Before you oil

the bearing with the fast stuff. Check which brake blocks are in the left side. You may just need to remove one or change to the smaller red ones. If the reds are in, remove one before using rocket fuel. Also you might want to loosen the tension control on the right side. That can be a wickedly fast reel.:jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slosh/30

thanks fish hunter for your response -they dont want you to pull the barings out of this reel do they! sorry for the misinfo its the slosh 30 --but i hav the smaller red brakes in it now but i think I will take it down to one brake block. do u feel this reel is exstreamly large i sometimes have a hard time with my grip around the rod and spool, I guess I have been spoiled by the size of abu-garcia 6500ct / 525 penn both smaller sized reels . well take care.:)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
That is the reason I sold mine. Sits too high on the heaver rod. Could not thumb it with 8nbait and I've got big hands. The 7500 is much easier for me to hold 8nbait.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slosh 30

fish hunter I totally agree with you,thats the problem i am haveing with 8nbait i move the reel to the low position and its seems to have helped me out a lot . I have a little muscle/nerve damage in my left bicep so it just adds to the problem but i feel that with the low reel position i have a better grip on the reel-could be false security but it seems to be working-question- how do you like the 7000? Do you feel it compares to the 6500 in spool speed i have never used one and i think it would be a great new component to my arsenal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts