Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 2 weeks I went to 5 fishing locations: SPSP, PLO, Matapeake, Kent Narrows and Tilghman Island. :fishing:Spent average of 4-5 hours each location. I usually get there around 6 pm. Used all kinds of bait there is. I was even tempted to use ribeye. I have been skunked everytime:mad:. My question is; is it skunking everywhere now, except if you have a boat? If anyone knows any hotspots within 150 miles radius without using a boat please holler.:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got skunked last thurs (10/30) at KN. Fished from 6:30PM-1AM. Nothing, nada, zip. The only thing good came out of the trip was I got some cheap gas over there about $2.29/gal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking of going out one last time this Thursday, if I get skunked that's it for me this year. This looks like the cowboys and the pats season, it is pretty much "OVER"!!! GO SKINS!!!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Dude,

The Narrows is just getting started and Choptank is not far behind. Watch the board.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Be Patient--all hell is about to break loose..The fish are also freaked out with the election tomorrow. It will happen. Skunks dont no how to swim-therfore, they will drown...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am crossing everything in me Mr. Grossman. I am crossing my fingers, my eyes, my legs. I hope everything you said will come true. You have given me a glimmer of hope though. You, being an experienced fisherman, when is this "all hell is about to break loose" thing gonna happen? so I don't have to put an early timetable when I am going to hang up my poles for the year.

·
Registered
67 Posts
For the past 2 weeks I went to 5 fishing locations: SPSP, PLO, Matapeake, Kent Narrows and Tilghman Island. :fishing:Spent average of 4-5 hours each location. I usually get there around 6 pm. Used all kinds of bait there is. I was even tempted to use ribeye. I have been skunked everytime:mad:. My question is; is it skunking everywhere now, except if you have a boat? If anyone knows any hotspots within 150 miles radius without using a boat please holler.:)
I caught 4 good sized perch on Saturday at SPSP lost a big one (never got to see what it was)... :( ... KN didn't produce anything that same day and the following... I did manage to lose about 6 sets of hook, leaders, sinkers, etc... :)... Fishing is all about the catch but it's also all about the peace so all is good. Good luck fishing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Be Patient--all hell is about to break loose..The fish are also freaked out with the election tomorrow. It will happen. Skunks dont no how to swim-therfore, they will drown...
Man... if Mc Cain wins, the fish will probably migrate to freakin Mexico because the economy will be better and they know that they'll at least get live/fresh bait instead of plastic lures..... LOL..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Skunked on Nov 1st

Fished from 9 30 pm to mid night...........> Nada! Not one bite. My buddy caught 2 keeps. both were 18 1/2 "..... Once again I had no bites plus the tide was bad.....LOW......

Penn626

·
Registered
286 Posts
Heres my Oct. Skunk

09/28/08 SPSP: Small Blues
10/04/09 Jonas Green Park: Small Blues
10/05/09 Jonas Green Park: Small Blues
10/06/08 Breezy Point: Skunk
10/10/08 AI Md. TB Flounder & Skate
10/11/09 Jonas Green Park: Small Blues
10/14/08 SPSP: Skunk
10/17/09 Jonas Green Park: Skunk
10/19/09 Jonas Green Park: Skunk
10/20/08 SPSP: Skunk
10/22/08 AI Md. Sand Sharks & Skates
10/26/09 Jonas Green Park: Skunk
11/01/08 AI Md. Sand Sharks & Skates

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Grady-Black,
Man, that's lots of skunks. I am just curious, do you ever go to work? LOL What do you think though, are the fish gone? Is it time to clean up and get ready for spring?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
DCKid, its not time clean up the gear. The fish are moving and are very sensitive to water temps and weather patterns at time of year. That said, wait. KN...maybe, Choptank...maybe. The Surf...yes! Delaware shore is producing now and will continue to produce for a while.

·
Registered
67 Posts
09/28/08 spsp: Small blues
10/04/09 jonas green park: Small blues
10/05/09 jonas green park: Small blues
10/06/08 breezy point: Skunk
10/10/08 ai md. Tb flounder & skate
10/11/09 jonas green park: Small blues
10/14/08 spsp: Skunk
10/17/09 jonas green park: Skunk
10/19/09 jonas green park: Skunk
10/20/08 spsp: Skunk
10/22/08 ai md. Sand sharks & skates
10/26/09 jonas green park: Skunk
11/01/08 ai md. Sand sharks & skates
wow... Great report!!!! You must be retired??

1 - 20 of 40 Posts