Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
arrived at plo at 9am this morning looking to catch some blues. well that didnt happen:mad: and i left at 545pm and still no 1 on the pier caught a blue. only fish caught on pier was an undersized sea bass c/r. no spot, perch croakers were caught either. 1guy who fished the pier yesterday said that the bite didnt start until 730pm. so since the spot appear to have vanished at plo, you better bring your own cut bait!!!:fishing:

·
Registered
766 Posts
lol I like the never go home till 9pm. Heck I dont normally leave till midnight cause the Stripers Come out normally with in a few hours after the blues do there rush.
Tight Lines,
Tim

·
Registered
205 Posts
PLO on the 13th

I think it has to do with the pier.

I was at PLO Mon the 13th. I started at 4pm on the pier and caught nothing with nightcrawlers or fresh alewife. Left at 6pm and went to the point on the potomac side. Found an open spot and caught a 14 inch bluefish with my first cast of the alewife! From 7-10pm it was nonstop bluefish action! I would get a bite as soon as the bait would hit the water sometimes. I caught blues on 12 straight casts as one point. Smallest was 12 inches and biggest was 19 inches. I caught 25 or so. I quit because I was worn out! I could only use one pole because it was automatic.

Some super nice people next to me A) Gave me a bandaid when I got a nasty bloody cut on my finger from the big blue and B) gave me their leftover cut up spot! Can't beat that from a fishing neighbor!

So in summary, I recommend getting Alewife from the Tacklebox(2 bucks for two huge alewife) and heading all the way to the point. Skip the pier.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree- I have fished point lookout non stop for 2 weeks now and plan on goin friday- all the action happens around 9 pm and after- Every time I go i dont even bother casting till 8 pm because nothing bites but afterwards its non stop- where is this tacklebox shop- I have run out of fresh bait and its too late to catch spot- is it frozen alewife?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it has to do with the pier.

I was at PLO Mon the 13th. I started at 4pm on the pier and caught nothing with nightcrawlers or fresh alewife. Left at 6pm and went to the point on the potomac side. Found an open spot and caught a 14 inch bluefish with my first cast of the alewife! From 7-10pm it was nonstop bluefish action! I would get a bite as soon as the bait would hit the water sometimes. I caught blues on 12 straight casts as one point. Smallest was 12 inches and biggest was 19 inches. I caught 25 or so. I quit because I was worn out! I could only use one pole because it was automatic.

Some super nice people next to me A) Gave me a bandaid when I got a nasty bloody cut on my finger from the big blue and B) gave me their leftover cut up spot! Can't beat that from a fishing neighbor!

So in summary, I recommend getting Alewife from the Tacklebox(2 bucks for two huge alewife) and heading all the way to the point. Skip the pier.
thanks for the tip mepps3 !!!

also at the pt on the potomac side is that on the opposite side of the pier???

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry I couldn't tell you earlier before your trip!

Keep going down the road past the sign for the pier. You come to a little loop in the driveway before the light house. The water on the right is the potomac side of the point. Just get some fish meat on a hook and send her out there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts