Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with the silstar ef 80 reel? After picking up two new real< middle of the line reels> a friend is going to give me two silstar ef 80 reels does anyone know anything about them? All I know is they were used a few times and they hold roughly 270yards of 20lb test. I couldn't find anything online about them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :eek:

·
Registered
823 Posts
nothing personal but..... best use of silstar is as boat anchors. my personal opinion only. had one ....will never own another

·
Registered
823 Posts
no never had a pinnacle, i'm sold on strictly penn, and okuma. heard mixed opinions on pinnacles but no experience with them

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was curious because silstar owns pinnacle. I haven't had a okuma yet, but my next reel is a 525 mag penn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
a friend of mine owns one and it works ok the biggest problem is a screw inside works its way loose and the reel freezes up you have to open it up and take the screw and gear out reseat it and tighten the screw.a 10 min fix.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Gears working loose...and you have the fish of your life on the end of the line. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts