Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father and I are getting pretty excited about the casting clinic this weekend in DE. It will be nice to meet those of you who have also registered for the clinic. Anybody up for fishing Saturday night after the clinic? Silly question? Anyone know the good spots up there in Northern DE?? Looks like Indian River inlet is a pretty good drive from New Castle. See you Saturday.

·
Registered
712 Posts
if you don't mind catfish they are just a stone's throw away.
the mouth of the river/head of the bay is about a 30 min drive.always interesting there one cast seatrout next cast catfish,next cast 40 lb ray.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Neil MacKellow is also siked. This will be his biggest seminar ever covering two weekends. We expect to have a visit from the people at Penn. Plus we'll be the first in the US to see the new Penn beach rod series including the "Nomad." The Nomad is a three piece 13 footer that casts and handles like a normal two piece rod.

Mark, maybe he'll let us take turns trying to break it:D. It would be great to have light weight portable rod that can reach out and touch fish. He'll arrive at BWI this evening and we'll head to Delware in the morning.

Due to non-payments, we have two slots for this weekend and a few for next weekend.

Neil, turning on the steam...

As every should know by now, the seminar will cover long range surf/shore fishing, reel tuning, long range rig design and more. We also have 5 or 6 women enrolled, so guys watch out.

·
Registered
681 Posts
fishing cart?

Mark,

Should I bring my fishing cart with me?

·
Registered
823 Posts
JAMES,
I'm a self proclaimed planker ,not a sand digger. with that much load and torque, how on earth do you keep the bait on the hook. educated the uneducated here please. only time i have that much torque is when i am throwing my anchor
Thanks!
Terry

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi Terry - Casting a bait a long way without plastering it all over the beach relies on a smooth aplication of power, a rod that bends progressively and a rig that affords the bait some protection as it flies through the air.
I have two hooks rigs with no clips but short snoods that maintain bait presentation, but in the main an Impact Shield that pins the bait down behind the lead works best for serious long range fishing. However, in the UK the main baits are lugworm and ragworm that are threaded onto the hook and held in place with a bait stop so at all times during the cast it is kept in place behind the shield.
At the end of the day, a smooth cast is essential! Neil

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aero -

Hey Aero, How do you fit a pier cart in that race car of yours?? :p See you in DE.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Same way you would treat a virgin, time and patience. It fits, but it's a tight fit. Working on solving that problem as we speak. See you tomorrow in the am.

·
Registered
823 Posts
James and Neil,
thanks for the advise. wish i was close for the clinics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts