Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like both functionally and cosmetically….no real details but apparently Wes has been thinking about the changes he wants to make when they were recently manufacturing a new fly reel. The person I spoke to said the star drag reels aren’t gone just paused for redesign etc.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Perhaps Seigler can tilt the gearbox forward a bit to get out the way on the casters hand and to either move the clicker or make it even less obtrusive than the second gen clicker button.

They can send me a couple prototypes for testing and I will get Team Wilson on it.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I just checked my Seigler It is the square frame corner which is up against my right hand when gripping the reel to cast.
It can be worked around but I notice that it is an issue not present in other reels such as the Penn Fathom or even a 40 year old Shimano Speedmaster ll.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I always thought they might be better to go to a more conventional round 1 piece frame/cage w/end plates than the "bolt on" sides as it was. That would eliminate/minimize the lower corners. But, might raise the profile a bit.
Curious to see what they come up with.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts