Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it is early yet but thought just crossed my mind about maybe trying to catch some shrimp with cast net this summer. Back home in north carolina I know the ditches and waterways to find them but here dont really ahve a clue where some good spot might be. I live near sandbrige and that area would be great but any where is welcome. Nothing like bringing home 4 or 5 pounds and steaming them up and chasing back some suds with the buds. Also am looking at trying to get set up for the cobia nad king season at sandbridge. Cant wait, would really like to get into a mess of big croaker to have a big fish fry in the near future. :D I really hope this ends up being a good season.
Woody

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey Woody, hope you get an answer to this. I too am from NC and miss those days in the Pamlaco Sound catching shrimp.
We used to catch um fresh and alive then run to Indian Island and scarf up on some of the best Trout and Puppy fishing around.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
as far as I know there isnt any place around to catch shrimp, except NC

·
Registered
515 Posts
Threw the castnet a heckuva lot last year for bait in the Bay and York River, but never got any shrimp anywhere, except behind the motels in Buxton, NC and on my trips to FLA.

Good luck getting that prized bait ... food.

THROW MORE BACK

Jake Ace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts