Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be in Cherry Grove next week and i'm looking forward to some flounder fishing. While in Emerald Isle a couple of years ago a guy showed me where to buy live shrimp and i had good success using them for flounder. however i can never seem to find a place in the N. Myrtle beach, cherry grove, or little river areas that sells them. I know during the summer i can catch them with a cast net in the inlet but ive never tried it in the fall. Is it possible to cast for them this time of year? If not does anyone know where to buy them? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
oh yeah you can still get them into the fall so long as the water stays warm enough... unless something drastic happens they'll still be in the sounds and creeks...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Down near Murrell's inlet (far from CG) there are some bait shops that may have them, but they will be pricey. If you have a cast net, a live finger mullet will work just as well and they should be thick in the surf by now. Or just throw a 3" gulp shrimp on a 1/4 jighead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts