Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm actually heading down in mid-June. We stay in Sea Pines and I do most of my fishing just inside the ocean gate along the Sea Pines Drive stretch of surf. I'm mostly a Fish Bites and shrimp guy, usually don't have any trouble slaying the whiting. Would love to get into some pomps and flounder though. I've also been intrigued by the ponds in Sea Pines, but don't know what's there or what to try.

· Registered
5,797 Posts
Sand fleas if you're serious about pomps (and nice whiting), and strip cut baits or live/fresh dead mullet or mud minnows on a Carolina rig or 1/4-1/2 oz bucktails with gulp in green chart, white, and pink for flounder.

Both will be very close in.

· Registered
88 Posts
Southern drawl outfitters. On the left before the island. I've fished the marina and behind 18 green at harbour town. Don't know much about the ponds. There is a good saltwater pond close on the other side of shelter cove. Good size reds. Shelter cove is the go to, but be prepared to get kicked out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.