Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Any size shrimp will work when they are biting shrimp. just cut the in chunks with or without the shedder oil.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What is it about Shedder oil that makes it so enticing? I would think that the smell of cut bait, squid, or shrimp would be enough. What other fish will hit on Shedder oil soaked bait?

·
Registered
12 Posts
when im bottom fishing for croaker i have great success with shrimp for the bait store, ones that i like the most are "heads shrimp" but the ones that come in the box work well too, i cut them in half n use one side on each hook, n usally when using these shrimp i catch one sometime b4 my bait hits the bottom or within 5 mins. Ive used shrimp for sams club n other shrimp like that but they dont work as well as these shrimp, n they stay on the hook better cause they have the shell n head still on them.
its only about 2 or 3 bucks for like a box or bag of 30 or 40

·
Registered
720 Posts
Is shedder oil an all natural substance or artificial? Is it the smell that attracts the fish? I was thinking about using a fish sauce. I wonder if that would work?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been productive with shrimp at the tank. When i went out the boat we do well with Razor clams. :D Does anyone have a razor clam source, I would like to try at the Tank.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi Grill'em,

I get my razor clams at Chesapeake Outdoors or from Steve and Neal at Island Fishing and Hunting both on Kent Island. I prefer 50-60 count table shrimp cut into thirds for Croaker fishing. I put the hook through both sides of the shell. With smooth cast it will go a long way in one piece.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Long, You mean you don't take the shell off. :confused: Razor Clams don't stay on the hook for the flight out of site when you cast???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts