Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished the hot ditch from either the shore or off the floating dock at Chesapeake Yachts???

I have heard that as long as you clean up after yourself and don't damage anything, they don't care if you fish on their property....

Anyone have any similar or different experiences there???

I am planning on going their either Saturday evening or Sunday during the day. I might try chunking some menhaden to see if any of the puppies are hanging out there. Any suggestions on how to fish that area since this will be my first time??

:rolleyes: :D :p

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To get to the HD, simply head West on Cedar and cross Dominion Blvd. Go about 3 miles and take a right just after you pass the second small convenience store. I can't remember the name of the road, but it either starts or ends with "mill". Take this road a couple of miles all the way to Chesapeake Yachts.

Partial fishing report..... I was listening to Fishin' Tidewater this morning on WJRJ AM 670, when they said an 11 lb and a 7 lb speckled trout were caught in Chesapeake this past week. They didn't say where exactly, but where else in Chesapeake would specs be biting this time of year........ even though everyone knows there are no fish in the hot ditch!!!!!!

Good Luck...

:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was under the impression that land access to the HD was only on Dominion property, and it was highly regulated. Any info to the contrary would be appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where I am referring to is only about 1/4 to 1/2 mile South of the outflow from Dominion Power. Because of the direction of water flow, the warm water is usually moving south into the area under the high rise bridge and in front of Chesapeake Yachts.... From what I have heard, fishing south of Dominion Power can be just as productive.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts