Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which knot is best for attaching a shock leader? I use an Albright but was just told that a double uni is much stronger and smaller. I might believe the stronger part but how much smaller can the knot get? I like the ALbright as I know how to tie it and it seems to cast well (at least for me) This is off a Jigmaster so I don't have to deal with level wind.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I wish

LongRanger, I wish I could join you tonight. I have a ton of homework to do for class tomorrow night. I am taking Governmental and NonProfit accounting at the comunity college. It is almost as exciting as it sounds. Where do you think I would rather be? Yep, you guessed it - SPSP. Good luck tongiht.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think the fishing is a lot better before and after the storm at SPSP. I wouldn't fish during the lightning storm but wouldn't be surprise if that's the best time to fish. Over the past 6 weeks I've been fishing once a week. 4 of the 6 times it's been fishing during the evening hours before or after the storm. Those were the best fishing times. One of those time the fish started biting during the hard rain storm. Sometimes I just don't understand these croakers :confused:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hi Oldbay,

Thanks for the concern. We received cell phone calls and instructions to leave the water. The bite was just beginning when we left. Carl Tavaras was pulling a fish every few minutes when we were forced to break camp. Carl completed the Exterme casting Clinic last summer and he put a hurting on the Brighton cast Monday night. He came after us and he landed th emost fish. He found a nice school (+-)400 feet off the point and he passed us in just over an hour. Sometimes I hate fishing with freinds:mad:. We all had fun. I hope you can make it next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.