Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Cut mine 50% off using 20# throwing 3 oz Kastmaster spoons. If you use braided line on a spinning reel, suggest that you use the leather finger covers. They are excellent quality and save alot of blood!!! Can buy them on the Gear site of the BB.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I use a little leather finger guard that I bought in the arts and crafts department at Wallyworld. Helps to keep the braid from tearing up the fingers. I was trying to help someone handline their shark tonight, grabbed the line and realized it was braid. I let it go FAST!!! :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was wondering about running a mono main line then using 65# or 80# power pro as a shock leader. Since the lines are similiar in diameter it gives you a nice compact knot that casts well. I tryed it just practice casting and it worked well. I was wondering what anyone thought about using this setup in fishing applications. Do you think it will work well?

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I don't have much problem with my leader breaking. I use Spiderwire Stealth #50, about 60 yards of that, then that attaches to a Stren #20 mono running line. The knot is really small and flies right through the guides. The only time the Spiderwire is a problem is if I want to handline something up. In that case, I use a gaff, or if I plan to release it, I'll use a pier net or beach it if none is available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.