Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone had tried out these new reels for the surf. They look like they would work well but I have not heard anything on if they will cast well for distance. With out too much trouble.Iv'e been thinking about getting one and slaping some magnets in it ( if needed ) and giving it a try. I would just like to hear some opinions before I turn loose of the $$$$.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know how well it will cast considering it has no braking system to it. I have a Trinidad 14 that throws very good. Of course it's double the price too. Also the smallest size they are making it in is a 16 and in my opinion that size is too tall and narrow compared to other conventional surf reels.

Zing Pow

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I was to get one it would be the size 30. It hold 350 yards of 30#. That is almost a must down here if you don't want to get spooled. There are a few surf casters down here who don't use any cast controlls on there surf reels. They have trained themselves to watch the spool and use their thumb on the edge of the spool during the cast.They can put those baits out there.I would have to do a lot more practicing to get profitiant at watching the spool. I found a place that has the Torium for 159.00.
That is getting down closer to my price range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts