Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking at geting this reel. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about it? Plan to mostly use it to live line for Rock.

·
Registered
712 Posts
greatest reels ever made but hen i could be a littel jaded i own 8 shimano baitrunners/thunnus and i'm about to buy another!

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
HELLO AXON -I HAVE THE 6500 SHIMANO BAIT RUNNER,IT'S A GOOD SPINNER AND HOLDS ALOT OF 17-20LB TEST LINE AND THE BAIT RUNNER FUNCTION WORKS GREAT-YOU WILL REALLY LIKE HOW IT WORKS, IT GIVES AN AUDIBLE CLICKING SOUND LIKE THE LINE OUT ALARM ON A BAIT CASTING REEL TO SUM IT ALL UP A DECENT REEL FOR A DECENT PRICE I HOPE THIS HELS IN YOUR DECISION PROCESS.T.Q. :cool:

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Heard there are two versions of the reels - an "A" and a "B" model. Heard the A model is discontinued and the B model is being pushed out in the stores. You may find some A models on sale. I also have some friends that have the A models and they have some gearing problems. I cannot say firsthand as I do not own any. Ask around...

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Heard there are two versions of the reels - an "A" and a "B" model. Heard the A model is discontinued and the B model is being pushed out in the stores. You may find some A models on sale. I also have some friends that have the A models and they have some gearing problems. I cannot say firsthand as I do not own any. Ask around...

I have heard rave reviews about the new Penn Slammer reels...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings Axon!

The Shimano 6500 is perfect for livelining for stripers. I've had mine for two years, mounted on an Ugly Stick "Tiger" 7' medium action rod. This is my go to combo for rock on piers and jettys...

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I bought a 6500 last year and liked it so much that I just bought another 2 weeks ago from BPS. It's not just an excellent livelining reel but a good overall saltwater spinning reel. I spolled my new 6500 with Yo-Zuri 30# for inshore wreck fishing this spring.

Catman.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts