Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
HELLO AXON -I HAVE THE 6500 SHIMANO BAIT RUNNER,IT'S A GOOD SPINNER AND HOLDS ALOT OF 17-20LB TEST LINE AND THE BAIT RUNNER FUNCTION WORKS GREAT-YOU WILL REALLY LIKE HOW IT WORKS, IT GIVES AN AUDIBLE CLICKING SOUND LIKE THE LINE OUT ALARM ON A BAIT CASTING REEL TO SUM IT ALL UP A DECENT REEL FOR A DECENT PRICE I HOPE THIS HELS IN YOUR DECISION PROCESS.T.Q. :cool:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Heard there are two versions of the reels - an "A" and a "B" model. Heard the A model is discontinued and the B model is being pushed out in the stores. You may find some A models on sale. I also have some friends that have the A models and they have some gearing problems. I cannot say firsthand as I do not own any. Ask around...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Heard there are two versions of the reels - an "A" and a "B" model. Heard the A model is discontinued and the B model is being pushed out in the stores. You may find some A models on sale. I also have some friends that have the A models and they have some gearing problems. I cannot say firsthand as I do not own any. Ask around...

I have heard rave reviews about the new Penn Slammer reels...

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
I bought a 6500 last year and liked it so much that I just bought another 2 weeks ago from BPS. It's not just an excellent livelining reel but a good overall saltwater spinning reel. I spolled my new 6500 with Yo-Zuri 30# for inshore wreck fishing this spring.

Catman.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.