Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ,,I am on my vacation and decided to take some time off from saltwater fishing and fly to minneapolis to visit my friend. We went out and caught some bass and pike,,but there is this fish called SHEEPHEAD or EAGLE HEAD BASS here in the Minnesota river. I caught couple of them and this fish do not look like it belongs in fresh water....it look like puppy drum or croaker... Any of you got any clue what this is? I think I have heard of freshwater drum before,,could this be the one? Any pros out there?

oh and yeah...some please be kind enough to tell this computer dummy how put a picture in our post...I am thinking about going out tomorrow and take picture of this odd creature..

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they relative of carp? or do they have more in common with their saltwater bothers..? :confused: by the way they sell this fish in their local markets......
Anyone ever taste them before?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
They're relative of the black drum,we catch them all the time in Mississippi in some of the lakes and rivers,the locals call them a trash fish,some like them and some don't,I'v eatten them and their not bad tasting not as good as our saltwater Black Drum but a close second.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bluefish, if you want to post a picture in the Pier and Surf Photo gallary you can send the picture via email to [email protected] .

If you want to include a picture in your messages that you post on the board then follow the What is UBB Code? link and follow the directions there. Hope this helps. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts