1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
That got me pump here in MD :jawdrop:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sorry wading out into the water with a mako like that those guys are f'n nuts.

Now I see part of why VA Bch doesn't allow sharking off the beach. Immagine what pictures like that woudl do to the tourist season.

You know they did catch a reallllllllyyyyyy big great white just off of sandbridge a few years ago about this time.

Tom

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Wow! What cohonies!

I used to go to Padre all the time .. SWIMMING!

You can catch monsters like that here?

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't tried here yet, but if you do, make sure it's offshore. VB City Code states all shark fishing, chumming etc... must be at least 500 yards off the beach.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Banning sharking in tourist towns is the equivalent of a child pulling the covers over his head because he thinks it'll protect him from the monsters. I mean, I understand why the city doesn't want to have sharks pulled up on the beach, but they're there whether we fish for them or not.

But I can't imagine going into the surf to drag out a mako. That's just nuts.

Do you guys remember those two giant tiger sharks (700-800 pounds each) they caught off Va. Beach about a decade ago? I was on the docks when they brought them in. I asked the captain how far out in the canyons they caught them. He squinted through his leathery eyes and said, "Got both of 'em inside the first set of cans (buoys)." He shook his head. "Yeah, pretty messed up, eh?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts