Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shark Pit Revisited Again 01/16/04 And JustinF at the Inlet

Went there at day break low tide , oh well . Fished the incoming with Blue Heads for any toothies that might be around and dug up some sandfleas before the sun came up for the Pomp's . Well I am sorry to say that I was totally skunked all AM .:mad: The water was clean the birds were diving but out to far to reach . Just a few other anglers present and the stank from my rods must have traveled to theirs because they didn't land anything while I was there. Stayed till about 1PM . It was nice sitting in the sun on the beach and sucking down a few cold ones .:cool: The critters must have known I was there waiting for them .:p

·
Registered
111 Posts
Doh! Sebastian and Stuart it is!! :)

Thanks for the report! I have friend that fished Monroe street yesterday and cleaned up on the pomps, 35 total. They were all just under 10" though...:) Sounded like a great story didn't it?

Headin down to Sebastian tomorrow.

Justin

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope you do well at the Inlet . Let us know how ya made out .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ditto for me on Tues-Wed-Thurs, using squid, cut bait, sand fleas, spoons and jigs. Great work out and beautiful week on the beach but NADA again!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Fished the south side of Sebastian Inlet for the first time today. Winds picked up just about the time the tide started to come in and made things nasty. Ended up w/ one 20" black drum and 1 12" black drum, 1 palometto, and 2 jacks at 6". All were caught on either clam or shrimp.

Then we moved to the inlet to fish for flounder. We ended up w/ three. All were short and were caught on red DOA shrimp and red sparkle swim jigs.

We then headed over to the bait store to pick up some live shrimp. We stopped by a park on the side of CR510 to swim those live shrimp and caught 2 keeper trout 15.5" and 18", 3 throwback trout, and some ladyfish. It took us a while to figure out the pattern. All trout were taken w/ live shrimp fished on the BOTTOM in around 4-6' of water...Strange bottom fishing for trout.

Hope this helps!

Justin

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Way to go JustinF . Thanks for the report on the trip . Gonna try my luck this AM . Hopefully with the front coming by noon or so it just might stir things up a bit . That would be nice .:p

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back in from the Indian River , just some youngin trout nothing of size and girth used D.O.A's . Winds are blowing from the south at about 15 and conditions are getting worse with the front approaching . Stoped at the surf didn't look all that bad starting to get a little dirty , with with the rain ,winds and clouds on there way I think I will call it a day .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Justin F - Size Limit

Justin,
Be sure to remind your friend that as of January 1 the new minimum size limit for pompano is 11". It would be a bummer to get popped for that first one to be kept over 10".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts