Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just learned about this… do it with one rod, a special rig, and no kayak.

I’ve got a built HDXT that he uses in this video that I might be willing to sell. Let me know, and I’ll check the selling rules for this forum to see how to proceed..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Are you familiar with long distance casting? If you do go with a set-up like this, look up reel tuning, shock leaders, and do some practicing in a safe location. Probably don’t want a levelwind reel, and nothing bigger than a 50 wide or 4/0. Mono, not braid. …just in case you didn’t know this stuff already.

And feel free to ask more questions on this forum.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cool. I think those are shorter rods than what I was thinking, but I’ve seen videos of people casting gear like that over 100 yards with 4-5 oz. sinkers. Or are you kayaking your baits out? Trolley rigs, like they do on piers for king mackerel fishing, might be another option.

Deploying big baits from shore is the biggest challenge in the land based shark fishing game.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Check out apex anglers on instagram i believe he fishes up that way. Maybe buy and sell a cheap kayak on your trip to have the option to paddle your baits put some. You should be able to get into some rays and sand bars and sand tigers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts