Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a knee MRI Friday I'm heading to OC for the weekend. Friday evening it'll be the Shanty Town Pier for blues. They're catching them to 8 lbs. with most around 3 lbs. Doubles were common the beginning of the week. Saturday morning it's the Morning Star for wreck sea bass and some tog. Saturday evening it's back to Shanty Town for some more blues and possibly sea trout then back to Baltimore early Sunday morning for Mother's Day. Staying at the Talbot Inn so it should be an enjoyable weekend. I'll post results Sunday evening.

Catman.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I'll take the TOG (Blackfish to me) off your hands if you don't want them. :)

Right Sandcrab! Figure the odds! :eek:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings catman!

Good luck -- sounds like a great weekend! I may get to wet a line for cats on the Susquehanna while I'm down at the brother-in-law's checking out the boat. Still no word on the trailer title ... like I said, it should be "interesting".

·
Registered
374 Posts
Catman,
Sounds like a lot of fun. Please let us know if the trout are biting at the Shanty Town Pier. I've been waiting all winter to target trout there. :)

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received an email from Capt. Monty Wed. evening and he says just about everyone is limiting out on sea bass and tog on the Morning Star and most days are booked solid. They've been boating sea bass to 22 1/2" and tog to 8 lbs. Also saw a report on TidalFish that Rt. 50 bridge fisherman are catching giant blues to 36" on the incoming tide. They say it's the best it's been in yrs. No reports on sea trout though. This weekend looks like it's shaping up fine. I've already told my wife to get rid of the 10 gals. of ice cream from the freezer.

Catman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts