Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I still have gear that I bought three years ago that I have never used. I still go ever year.

It is called the Shakespeare Garage sell. And yes the stuff is priced at garage sell prices. i.e. 15' ugly stick surf rod $15.00, new Pflueger reels for $35.00, nice boat rods for $10.00.

They have both new and reconditioned reels. I think all the rods are new.

The sale is either late March or early April. They run a small ad it The State newspaper.

In addition to rods and reels, they also have some camping gear and other fishing supplies.

The sale will last about four hours, but you need to be in line at least a couple hours before the sale starts to have the best selection. I think they only take cash.

You also need to be ready to make fast decisions. You see something you might want, get it while it is still there, it won't last long.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think it closed with the last sale last year. Then that was to be it and no more.

Since then I read somewhere:
I hear that "Pure Fishing" who is the new owner of Shakespeare planned to move it's headquarters from Iowa to Columbia. Hopes were that the sales may happen again. Not sure how true this was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.