Pier and Surf Forum banner

Shaggy invite to the Narrows

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Joey 
#1 ·
Hey shaggy, had no further luck? You can say the toad king with 7 toads and one perch (7") had a great night ;) At this rate the next time we come down aught to be a blast. Wanna thank you man for the invite. From what we observed (catch and Stash) the bite will be even better. (mostly 20" or better on the C and S). We saw the strippers running with the blues. There was a lure that they favored. Master C probably remembers the name of. I forgot. Hey, catch and stash aint for me. However, I admire the technique.

#2 ·
Strippers!:jawdrop: Ha Anthony and I went there after the cleanup the next morning and absolutely cleaned up on them perch. All were between 8" and 12". After filleting them he had over 2lbs of meat. I have pic and will upload it tonight. We missed you guys at the cleanup. But it is cool till next time!

#3 ·
You guys got lucky at Narrows then FL. I was there on saturday and it was pretty slow compared to the week before. A guy fishing next to me hooked up with a 21" striper when he wasn't even there. Me and another guy helped land his fish while he was fishing 100 feet away. If that wasn't bad enough, as we were packing up and leaving, another guy who just arrived hooked up with a 19" striper. I was a little disappointed we only walked away with a 10" blue but I'll make another visit there soon. Fishing is tough there with all the snags but it's good to know decent size stripers are lurking :)

#4 ·
Wrong Way, Narrows = disc sinkers for the most, only wish I could find some bigger than 3 ounce.

Mr Ralph, Jr anytime you are ready, and I'm off, let me know.we can meet up. As for lures, know alot of peolpe use gotcha plus, and twister tails. That is a technique I hope to learn at IRI, unless being that close to the ocean makes me Jeep cry like a baby, then I have to take care of the baby, heck, I'm a father, I have feelings, and flip-flops.

#5 ·
Hey shaggy I know it is a drive but Bass Pro Shops has them disc sinkers bigger than 3 oz. Anthony went there friday night and picked up a few.

#7 ·
Anthony should be able to chime in here. I haven't been there for a few months. I have been too broke to even think about going there to just "look" at some stuff.

#11 ·
The largest disc sinkers that I saw at Bass Pro were 4 oz. I was looking for larger ones but didn't see any. I'm pretty sure that the largest ones they have are 4 oz but next time I'm there, I'll ask if they have larger ones.
-Anthony

#13 ·
Bass Assasins

Hey Shaggy,

The lures the guys practicing catch and stash were bass assasins. The one guy cleaned up. The cops rolled thru but only flashed their light to see who was on the pier.........Tight Lines

MC

#14 ·
Here is pic from the other day at the narrows. Perch were plentiful and had some nice size to em.

#15 ·
Yeah the perch were very plentiful that day. Me and Jason could have filled that bucket with large perch if we wanted to. It seems when fishing is slow, try using some crab for bait. It seems like a good bait at the Narrows.
-Anthony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.