Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (VA) hasn't been fish-able due to the strong winds when I could fish.
So I fished for crappie one morning (Jan 16th) in Occouquan River, Northern VA. I caught the first skunk of the year along with other anglers.

On Jan 21st, I went to Annapolis, MD for chain pickerel. I have a very limited knowledge on this species. One of a forum members taught me the pickerel fishing here years ago. Since then, I have been using the same jig head and the same 3" curly tail grubs.

It took about 1.5 hours to find the general area where the pickerel were. In 40F water, I landed 7 pickerel in the morning.

Fishing Log:

Thanks
Joe

· Registered
818 Posts
Maybe a contributor to the missing YP !
Again .... nice show, Joe !
I would say you are correct. I have a small stream that runs through the farm, it has produced some nice pickerel for it's size, one day I was fishing our stream and saw a 6'' pickerel swimming by with a 4'' bait fish in his mouth, actually he was so overloaded the current was taking him downstream but he held on, aggressive little buggers,...pop.

· Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotta love some good "pickle" fishin !
Where you find them there will probably be yellow Perch as well.
Try the road runner jig heads you use for whites. Everything will hit them
I brought road runner with a blade 1/8 and 1/4 OZ. I didn't use them because I didn't need them. I use road runner (white head) for white perch. I think Road Runner is better than the plain jig head for the same fishing spot.

Joe

· Registered
11 Posts
Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (VA) hasn't been fish-able due to the strong winds when I could fish.
So I fished for crappie one morning (Jan 16th) in Occouquan River, Northern VA. I caught the first skunk of the year along with other anglers.

On Jan 21st, I went to Annapolis, MD for chain pickerel. I have a very limited knowledge on this species. One of a forum members taught me the pickerel fishing here years ago. Since then, I have been using the same jig head and the same 3" curly tail grubs.

It took about 1.5 hours to find the general area where the pickerel were. In 40F water, I landed 7 pickerel in the morning.

Fishing Log:

Thanks
Joe
Any yellow perch caught?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts