Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Littlefry, is there a reason? The weather or the time of year or is it not the place I heard it was? Is the Tank the best to go?

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I fished the beach near the pier last weekend and didn't see any fish caught during the three hours I was fishing. I caught a couple of white perch on bloodworms. I would rather take my chances at Matapeake at night than the Severn bridge or the park area.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I agree. Severn River has it good days and bad. You just have to be there at the right time. Not much is happening now. I'll keep you posted when it light up again. The blues and spots come in pretty good at SR.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I live a minute from the bridge and usually check it out when I see lots of cars on the bridge and people fishing. I usually post a heads-up. ;)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
The Tank is the worst place on the Chesapeake to fish and everyone should stay away. :rolleyes: It's no fun at all catching fish everytime you go and who likes to fish with civilized people who are only too willing to share their bait and help you net your fish? ;) I guess that clears things up about fishing the Tank. :D

Catman. :)

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Thanks. ;) I'll take it off my list of "New places to try in 2003". :D

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
agreed. And all you can do there is liveline...and who wants to liveline?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
tank sucks... :D too much room on the pier... :D

I much prefer NB or PLO or Metapeake, shoulder to shoulder when fishing... :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
YEA,THE FOLKS AT THE TANK WILL NOT COMPLY WITH MY REQUEST TO SOCK ME IN MY JAW WHEN I CROSS THEIR LINES. ALL THEY DO IS FISH AND CONVERSE WITH ONE ANOTHER. I'M HEADED TO NORTH BEACH WHERE I CAN GET IN A POSSIBLY BRAIN DAMAGING FIST FIGHT. :eek:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Husky, I couldn't say about the Susquehana, I fish the Potomac and it sux there. I imagine the same can be said for all rivers around here with all the rain.

So what's all this about the Tank?

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Happy...

You got that right! A short cast will put you in main channel where the "fancy boys" boats cruise.

Guess I'm going to have to hit the "Tank" with my 15 rods and braided line soon. ;) Or should I grease up with some shedder oil and hit NB?

No really - Any action going on at the tank? I was looking to catch a couple of trout this weekend without making the long haul to IRI or Cape Henlopen (Although the thought of that 9 lb Tiderunner really makes me think.) :) Figured some cut spot (and shedder oil) at night should do the trick if the trout are in...

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Sandcrab...The croaker fishing is pretty hot if you hit the outgoing tide with bloods and squid. No trout yet but some blues are starting to show. The trout should be right them.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I have yet to see anyone catch a Trout in Deleware;if you like flounder they're over there and Blues are thick as theives.For a change of pace I might try the Choptank next time;Deleware is getting to be too mutch of a drive.Plus the action there has gone from ok to slow.I might just jig up some Stripers from the Tank;and the Trout might be there.Who knows,these conditions lately is too strange.It might still be salty like it was last year? :rolleyes: :confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts