Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for as much infor about the Severn River bridge pier. We figure this time of year there will be croakers. How about Sea Trout? Anything else biting there this time of year and what will I need for bait? Bottom fishing? And Jerk jiggin'?

Thanks,
DG

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Hey, I need a domestic goddess to iron the large pile of shirts and wash the dirty dishes in my sink. How about coming over to my place and doing that for me while I go check out the Severn River Bridge for you. When I get back, I should have lots of info to help you out. :p

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Husky you are nutz! :)

Domestic Goddess, you can find info using Hot Spots. Also, I think there is a post giving directions to the bridge sometime last week.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
They are catching fish there as we speak!

Generally speaking, they normally catch croakers, blues and stripers. I have not seen any trout or flounder caught there but have had some success with flounder at the sandy beach park next to the pier. Long squid strips on a one hook metal jig work good for flounder on the beach.

I have caught blues from under the bridge during the Summer on metal lures used for blues and stripers. Caught a couple of stripers from there too tossing bucktails to the pilings.

Lots of white perch in the Spring and Summer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Catching ANY fish would be great, but Striper would be most excellent. Yum! Thanks for all the help. This board is great.
Tight Lines to All.
DG

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
If you want to catch Trout there they'll be later in the year.I start catching them in Augest on cut Spot.Im sure you can catch Stripers jigging off the bridge on jigs,and gottcha plugs.But,it gets too crowed for that sometimes.Theres lots of Blues there over the summer mounths.White Perch can be caught there almost all year depending on weather.I've never caught a Flounder there;but they can be caught there too.Right now Croakers,White Perch,and Stripers are bitting ;) .And Husky, get a mail order bride to do that :p . :D :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Husky, I don't do that for my own husband. LOL How 'bout you come up here and do MY laundry and I'LL check out the pier? Yeah, that's it.

HP, crowded huh, that's not good. The picture on Hot Spots shows it empty, empty, empty......False advertising I guess. LOL

Tight Lines
DG

·
Registered
374 Posts
Happy's right. Trout are caught of the Severn River bridge. Earliest I've caught them is in July on live minnows. A few years back I caught a 23" speck on the other side of the river (Hospital Point) on plain chicken breast. Awesome fight! :eek:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
During the summer mounths the best time to come is just after a T-storm at night,then the pier will be empty,empty,emty.It probily looks the same way on a cold November day in the afternoon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts