Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey out there.i am from Harrisonburg, VA and will be doing some fishing the first week in September in Atlantic Beach.im trying to find out some good spots for surf fishing,right baits to use, what baiting.could someone please help. sory may first post

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Hey out there.i am from Harrisonburg, VA and will be doing some fishing the first week in September in Atlantic Beach.im trying to find out some good spots for surf fishing,right baits to use, what baiting.could someone please help. sory may first post
shrimp/sand fleas. front side of fort macon.

should get some nice mullet/pompano action.

hang a right at the jetty, and go bout 100yrds down the bar

Jesse

·
Registered
142 Posts
What Jesse said.

Amywhere on the beach you can see a slough. Fort Macon area is good. Around the jettys at the inlet.

Shrimp or sand fleas (dig your own) for pompano and sea mullet.

Stingsilvers from the beach or gotchas from the piers for Spanish.

The surf should be full of schools of finger mullet. Cast net some to use for bait (match the hatch). Cut each finger mullet into 2-4 chunks depending on size. Fish mullet chunks on 2-dropper bottom rigs in the sloughs and slough openings. There should be hungry bluefish, possibly a puppy drum, and maybe a trout.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about renting a truck to drive on the beach (Atlantic and Fort beach), is that still possible?? and also do I need a license for a cast net?? could somebody please fill me in...Thanks again

·
Registered
604 Posts
im pretty shure you can. get permits to drive on the beach in the town of ei, indian beach-salter path-pine knoll shores and atlantic beach but i dont think you can drive to the inlet at fort macon. last year we had dang near a ,ile of acsess out to bogue inlet but it all washed away. not shure how bogue inlet will be this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts