Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be listing my drum fishing gear this week. I have a couple of diawa ballistic 8 and bait red rods, A CCP that was 13 foot and now is 12 ft. I like the way it cast now. Tip is not as soft. Several reels from a Truth to avets to Saltist and a couple of Akios,656 and 666.
I was talking to a guy on here before I had my medical issue. I got in touch and told him I was having medical issues and would be back in touch. He kept reaching out , would not quit. My son responded to him and explained the issue. He did not care, he kept sending harassing email trying to get my son to sell him my rods.
I will not name him , BUT he will not be buying anything from me.
Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hey Don, real sorry to hear you are having problems, I hoped you were relaxed and enjoying your new home, I'll pray for you, get better!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pop, life is what you make of it. The beach house on the south end of Topsail goes on the market in Nov.
Looks like I will be sticking closer to my new home for awhile.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Sorry to hear of your Health issues. Perhaps you can make it down Hatteras way to fish with your Brother. They seem to be having a decent year on King Mackerel on the OBX this year. I keep getting delayed by work and family issues and now the expanding Delta is causing me to pause. There are a couple secret Drum spots left that your Brother knows about where the crowds are not present.

As much as I want to get out on a pier and get in the mix, I have to ask myself if it is worth it this year, the last week or so the first Pier Drum are showing up. My gear is ready, my body is still ready, but my mind is not there.......

Indeed the real estate market for both vacation and suburban homes is much improved.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mike, I would love to get down and fish with him. Don’t see it happening this fall.
Took pics of items, just got to remember how to post them.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
To post images:

You click on the insert image icon of the task bar underneath where you input your dialogue.

It is the rectangular shaped image resembling a landscape scene in the middle of the task bar.

You can either drag an image or press "click here" to access a saved image from your computer.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To post images:

You click on the insert image icon of the task bar underneath where you input your dialogue.

It is the rectangular shaped image resembling a landscape scene in the middle of the task bar.

You can either drag an image or press "click here" to access a saved image from your computer.
thank you kind sir.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I've been off this board for a long time , came to look at a rod for a friend of mine.
Don, I was wondering if I'd run into you since you were fully retired now. Up fishng with Russel and Col. Bill at their secret spot. I saw them a few times last spring.

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your health issues and I hope that it won't keep you totally out of the fishing game, and that you can recover quickly.
I'm interested if you have them are The Daiwa 20H silver saltiest as well as the Gray/Silver Daiwa Ballistic Hatteras Specials... I'm always interested in a good Pompano rod too.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been off this board for a long time , came to look at a rod for a friend of mine.
Don, I was wondering if I'd run into you since you were fully retired now. Up fishng with Russel and Col. Bill at their secret spot. I saw them a few times last spring.

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your health issues and I hope that it won't keep you totally out of the fishing game, and that you can recover quickly.
I'm interested if you have them are The Daiwa 20H silver saltiest as well as the Gray/Silver Daiwa Ballistic Hatteras Specials... I'm always interested in a good Pompano rod too.
Thank you , I plan to keep fishing, was doing a lot of fly fishing for smallmouth till about 5 weeks ago.
Now have a couple of surgeries between now and Christmas. Going to be sticking closer to home for a while.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Thank you , I plan to keep fishing, was doing a lot of fly fishing for smallmouth till about 5 weeks ago.
Now have a couple of surgeries between now and Christmas. Going to be sticking closer to home for a while.
Anything of what I'm looking for?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts