Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Tuesday night / Wednesday morning tried pier fishing at Holden. No luck on mullet or shrimp. Went out about 5:30 PM and surfed with Bloodworms. The spots were running and caught my fill in about 3 hours. Average size of about 10 - 12 inches. Looking to go back around JULY 4 and check out the flounder in the inlet.

Surfs Up!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's up. What rig did you use for the spot?

I am going to be on Oak Island from June 28 to July 5. I really, really would like to catch some flounder. I would prefer surf fishing but could go to the pier if necessary. Could you share any ideas about where to go? What kind of rigs, bait to use? What about at the inlet? What other fish are good for catching? I know that's a lot of questions. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the standard (2) hook rig. I think the blood worms were the trick on the spots. The fellow at the bait shop indicated the flounder preferred the the live minnow on the inward high tide coming into the inlet (Lockwoods Folly). I going to give that a shot when I return the first of July. Whiting are also a good surf catch. Also, (per a previous thread) one user gave information about Ocean Crest Pier on Oak Island. Look it up and check out his web site. I might give it a try in July.

Good luck and "Take a child fishing"!

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is the web addy for Ocean Crest Pier;

http://www.oceancrestpier.com

***** Make SURE your VOLUME is turned down for your speakers. The opening page has music.************

Tell 'Dave' you saw him post on Pierandsurf and he will give you a coupon good for one dollar off fishing fees. They have a nice website with daily catches being posted regularly. Go check them out.

Tight lines
Ponchojoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts