Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On shore drive down by the boat shops and the 7-11. There is a little ares behind the golf club that connect to the inlet. Well the big drum go in there in the middle of sep. through end of october. I went there last year and found a trail so i followed it and through a mirror lure and caught a 27 in drum. My aunt and friend caught one to. Theres were between 21 and 26. I forgot. if u need better directions reply to this post
Give an man a fish he eats for a night, Give a man a pole he eats for a lifetime.

·
Registered
824 Posts
That's very generous of you to tell about your secret spot! Now I'll tell you how to find more. When you approach these shallow water areas where the grass meets the water, be very quiet and stay low. Just sit there and listen. If schools of drum are around and feeding you'll soon hear and see the comotion. They love to get up in the grass and chase Drum candy. You can catch them with different rigs. Bottom rigs, bottom rigs with floats, Yes even a good sized casting bobber with about 10" line to the hook. They like artificials. They like live bait. They like cut bait. But always remember they are easely spooked and will quickly leave.
Oh and one other thing. You can keep your spot secret by removing thrash and any other evidence that a human was ever there. Good luck follows those who are good stuarts of the water ways!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts