Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seaview Pier on North Topsail was really jumping Tuesday the 4th. Lot's of nice eating sized Black Drum, tons of under slot Pups and a few nice trout were caught. There were also some nice mullet and lots of small spot caught.
Wednesday, the water laid down a bit and the black drum bit wasn't quite as good and fewer pups were landed. Medium sized spots were caught off and on along with some nice mullet (1 at 20"). There were also some nice trout hitting the planks.

Most fish were caught on fresh shrimp, but fishbites were also producing on the spots. Gonna try the surf tomorrow, just got too crowded this afternoon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I arrived down there sat the first fished the surf a couple hours before low tide. Caught a nice pup and several black drum. Then casted out again both poles went down at the same time caught 2 nice trout around 3 or 4 pounds.

Caught more black drum from the surf sunday. Monday and tuesday the pier was on fire. Caught Several pups alot of black drum A few more trout and mullett in between. I actually caught a pup and a black drum on the same cast that was fun. They immediately had me under the pier but we got them.

I will post some pics later deffinately the best trip down to topsail yet

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seaview was on fire with the drum action this afternoon. Slot sized pups and blacks in the 4-5lb range. All caught on cut shrimp and bottom rigs (I know, I untangled enough double and triple rigs from my landing net). It got so bad I couldn't fish for helping others land their fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts