Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went fishing at apache pier late morning and msot of the afternoon. wind was crazy at 15 to 25mph constantly until it died down late into the afternoon. fishwise, spots were around but some were tiny. ppl who got lucky spots caught 5 times more fish than others. earthworms outfished all other baits(i didnt see anyone using live bloodworms though). for the first time i got spots on fishbite bloodworms(but they proved to be no more effective than shrimp, therefoer im porbably not buying this again). whiting were also caught in various sizes. the two guys at the end were catching large whiting up to a pound and sometiems over(i tried but managed not to get a bite, one guy was nice and offered his shrimp bait but still no fish for me). no blues,no trout, no weakfish, no black drum. overall somewhat slow, i think i am calling the end of this season.

·
Registered
390 Posts
went fishing at apache pier late morning and msot of the afternoon. wind was crazy at 15 to 25mph constantly until it died down late into the afternoon. fishwise, spots were around but some were tiny. ppl who got lucky spots caught 5 times more fish than others. earthworms outfished all other baits(i didnt see anyone using live bloodworms though). for the first time i got spots on fishbite bloodworms(but they proved to be no more effective than shrimp, therefoer im porbably not buying this again). whiting were also caught in various sizes. the two guys at the end were catching large whiting up to a pound and sometiems over(i tried but managed not to get a bite, one guy was nice and offered his shrimp bait but still no fish for me). no blues,no trout, no weakfish, no black drum. overall somewhat slow, i think i am calling the end of this season.
Were you holding your mouth right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
considering i live i nflorence(a hour- and -a half drive), i only fished in saltwater 7 times this year (despite i think about fishing probably 10 times an hour).

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Dude;
You live so close to NC, buy your self a 4x4 and head up to Fort Fisher, south of Wilmington, Carolina Beach and Kure Beach. I drive there from Columbia as it is the closest place on the coast where you can drive on the beach and fish right out of the back of your truck or SUV.

$30 will buy you a yearly (from the date of purchase) NC Surf Fishing Licence and $40 will buy you a yearly pass to drive on to Fort Fisher.

Once you go one time,,you will be hooked....plus the fact that Kure Beach looks like Myrtle about 30 years ago with Mom and Pop Hotels at low reasonable prices.

PS, You wont see in Dolly Land, Dixie Stampede or Hard Rock Cafe's in Kure and there ain't no bikers week and no high school teenie's puking in the parking lots or beachs. It is a nice quite family style beach with good fishing (2 piers)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts