Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived seagull pier thurs night around 9pm, small to medium croakers all night. Fished cutbait and the skates were pretty bad, no runs. Put out a croaker on a pin rig and caught a bluefish had him on there all day no takers. Decided to give the skates a break and fished live croakers on fishfinder rig the rest of the day still some skates but not as bad. The water looked real good but no cobia sightings or shark runs. Seen some big spadefish circling around the end, made a makeshift spadefish rig and tried little piece of squid but they didnt want anything to do with it. Should of had clams. Also seen some nice sheepshead eating barnacles off the pier pilings. Should of had sandfleas. Around 11am we had a nice run of horse croakers some close to 3 pounds. It was fast and furious for me and this japanese guy for about an hour and a half. He told me they were there yesterday too and even bigger. I was the only one on the end all day and that is the best I have seen the water out there all year. The wind was generally out of the west but was switching around quite a bit. I left around 2pm.
tight lines..............geo

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.